A quiet Saturday morning...
Last Sunday, Michael was teaching about being thankful God made tastebuds. Up and til about a day or so ago...mine were out of whack (or "afflicted" as some sweet southern belle might drawl).
This morning, they are doing their job with great finesse (if that is possible). Other than hearing, responding and visiting the lair of the Starbuck's Siren and feasting my palate upon a Chai Latte Venti, iced (is that the correct way to order it?)...a perfect cup of coffee in the morning is heavenly.
I miss quiet.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE people (especially neighborly visits and random enticements to hearken to the siren).
When I awaken to a quiet house (everybody is gone) and am able to putter around the garden a bit (to view and inspect my bountiful harvest of 8 pumpkins and 1 cantaloupe), I am well with the world.
When I am able to simply relish a GREAT cup of coffee while spending time with God and reading His Word, my soul is refreshed and I feel at peace. It is no wonder my Lord woke up early and went off to spend time with His Father. No distractions, no pulling and pushing of the masses, no hard of hearing and slow of understanding disciples. Simple, serene, satisfying quiet alone with the Lord God Almighty.
I think I am on a song kick lately. Now I am reminded of "In the Garden." Look for the site below to find the whole hymn, but a few lines flow across my heart and embrace my soul. Just like time spent alone, in quiet, with my Lord. :)
I come to the garden alone,
while the dew is still on the roses
and the voice I hear,
falling on my ear
the Son of God discloses
And, He walks with me
and He talks with me
and He tells me I am His own
and the joy we share, as we tarry there
none other has ever known.
This site has the history and the rest of the words to this hymn.
I love you Lord!!
dogeldanji!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home