
It's been 20 days since my mom died....44 or 45 days since she comforted me in her room at Town and Country. But, it's only been about 48 hours since I heard her voice. It startled me, actually. I was at work and going through some saved voicemails on my phone and came across a message from my sweet mother. It wasn't anything special, just overwhelming special to me, now that my mom is no longer here to leave me messages...or call...or see. Okay, I apologize if this is lump-in-the-throat hard for you to read...cause it is tears-running-down-my-face hard for me to type. But, I have to. All she said was, "This is mom (like I couldn't recognize that distinctly southern, sweet, high-pitched voice), I just wanted to share something I heard today with you (probably from her beloved Dr. Stanley). You must be busy. Well, give me a call when you have a minute. That's all. Bye for now (her signature closing sentiment)."
Isn't it amazing how NOT busy you are after the one person you want to talk to is no longer around?
Well, I can't write any more right now...
I miss my mom.
Every day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home