Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SomeOne you CAN trust!

Good morning!
 
Sometimes I believe we trust people too easily.  And, we get disappointed, let down or discouraged when they don't follow through on their promises.  Over the years, Frank and I have learned (the hard way) to place our full trust in God and let people be people...human...error prone...hmmm...just like us!
 
Though we won't mean to, we WILL disappoint each other.
 
God never disappoints.
 
His promises are faithful, true and rock solid.
 
This final PW devo on James is a great segue into the next PW devos on some really dedicated Hebrew teens who were captive in Babylon: Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo.
 
Ever heard this: "Pride comes before a fall?"
 
Wow!  I have ample proof in my life that this is an absolute truth!  So, thankfully this isn't about me.  This is all about God...His faithfulness and His willingness to use us the best when we are humble before Him.  And, not that false humility we are so good at throwing around....when it suits our best interest.
 
Read on to see what PW says today about humbling ourselves before Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe, the very Sustainer of our life, the One Who holds everything together (i.e., atoms, molecules, gravity, space, time, life, death..) with His very word, the Good Shepherd, the Alpha & Omega, the King of kings and Lord or Lords!
 

PlanetWisdom.com Devotionals

Is God Trustworthy?

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 04:45 PM CST

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." (James 4:10)

Wait a minute! Hold on. If I make my life all about getting closer to God. If I give Him my whole heart. If I turn my back on the "old" ways of deciding what I want out of life and going for it no matter what it costs or who I hurt to get it. If I commit myself to God's path for me . . .

What if I miss out on something good? What if someone takes advantage of me or hurts me? What if following God just leads to a life of boredom, mediocrity, and missed opportunities? What's if trusting Him doesn't pay off? What if I just waste my life?

Is God trustworthy? That's the bottom-line choice you and I make every day. This verse promises that if we humble ourselves by making God first and us last, He won't leave us scraping bottom; He will lift us up. His way is always and forever better than our way.

Is God trustworthy? Your choices today will be your answer to that question.

Think: How do your attitudes and actions reveal whether you are humbling yourself before God or not? Does your life to this point show that you believe Him to be trustworthy?

Pray: Thank God for this promise. Ask Him to give you the courage to humble yourself before Him so that He will lift you up.

Do: Think about making the time to memorize James 4:7-10 so that you can roll it around in your head for the next few years.

Visit PlanetWisdom.com for more great resources!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home