
I'm detouring from the path of the PW Devos today.
Scary, I know!
Last night we started up again, after a long 2 month hiatus, our Friday night Bible study on "Crazy Love." We were on Chapter 4 which is all about how Jesus describes the lukewarm. If you haven't read the chapter...trust me, you DON'T want to be described as lukewarm, ever. And yet, many of us (myself included) are, from time to time. We ended up talking about doing all things as unto the Lord. So, it isn't a suprise I came across the article I'm going to talk about today. God does that. And, He is way awesome & cool (can you call God cool?) to reinforce what we were discussing last night from His Word!
This morning I woke up to an empty house. Frank went to work and my dad is off grocery shopping (I think).
This isn't kudos to me...but...I didn't turn on the TV. I didn't turn on the radio. I looked for my Bible. And, I saw my mom's subscription to Dr. Stanley's March 2009 In Touch devotional guide. Interestingly enough, there was an article in the magazine, by Sandy Feit, page 28, entitled "GLORY, Lou Giglio Talks About What It Means and Why It Matters." The picture I'm posting today on my blog is scanned from this article. So, I think I've appropriately given credit where credit it due. You might be able to go online and see the article at www.intouch.org. Though I can't be sure as I haven't checked it out, yet. It's a pretty awesome article on why Christians are called to glorify God with their lives. At the end is a little Bible study with questions for reflection and action. You guessed it, I'm going to retype it for you here.
How are you doing on spending time at www.ariel.org? Honestly, I only did it once at work. I can't hear the MP3 at work. So, my new plan of action is to print up the manuscript at work...read it at lunch...come home and listen to the podcast and then do the quiz. Maybe I'll bribe my dad to do it with me!!!
Give God the Glory: Questions for Reflection and Action
- How would you describe the purpose for your life? What does the Bible say is God's purpose for His people (see Isa. 43:7)?
- Read 1 Chronicles 16:8-9, 24, 28-29 and Isaiah 42:12. What does glorifying the Lord have to do with the world knowing Him? Look up the dictionary definitions of "glory" and "hallelujah" - words that are often used together. What's the connection between these two ideas?
- We were created to glorify the Lord. How can we do this as a church? As individuals? Can you think of some ways we might be robbing God of the glory due Him? What can be done to correct the situation?
- A number of Scripture passages describe a visible manifestation of God's glory. Read Exodus 13:21, 33:22, and 40:35; 2 Chronicles 7:1-3; Matthew 2:9; and Luke 2:9. What similarities and differences do you see in these passages?
- Read John 4:1-32. While talking to Jesus at the well, the Samaritan woman came to understand who He was. How did she respond (vv. 28-30)? In what way did the hard parts of her life serve to amplify the message she was broadcasting about His identity? How can you apply this principle to the challenges you face?
- Look up Isaiah 9:2, 49:6, and 60:1-3; Luke 2:25-32; and I Peter 2:9. How is glory related to light shining in the darkness? Ask God how He wants you to reflect His light in dark places.
Don't worry...we'll get back to Daniel in Babylon tomorrow.
Purpose every day to give glory to God with your life, thoughts, words, deeds and actions.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home