14 hOuR dAy!
Hey! I get to work a 14-hour workday today. Hold me back. Currently, we are on hour 8.25 and I have 5.75 more hours to go.
Little known fact: There are approximately 104 pieces in a medium sized (net weight 11 oz) bag of Almond M&M's. How do I know this….need you ask? Next time, I think I shall have to go for the large sized bag of Almond M&M's. Did you know that eating Almond M&M's while watching testimonial videos of parents, siblings and relatives discussing their dying or deceased child ALMOST renders you tearless?
Did you also know physicians have to attend 12 continuing medical education hours covering Palliative Care and/or Pain Management, End of Life Care? And, they have to achieve this to renew their licenses by 2006.
That is why I'm working 14 hours today. We are offering 6 hours of CME for Palliative/End of Life Care for children with chronic or acute illnesses. We had a session this morning, another at lunch, an afternoon session and will end the day with a dinner lecture.
The Physician/Palliative Care Educator: Marcia Levetown, MD is absolutely amazing. Her warmth, compassion, empathy and emphasis on the individual as a person is exceptional. Even as she lectures and discusses case examples, you can still hear the personal affection for each child and her dedication to having them live life with dignity until the last breath.
Hmm…dealt with a death topic yesterday and again today.
Question for you: When you think about dying, what do you think? I know Frank doesn't want to have any pain…he is allergic to it or something.
Oooppss…time to run. More lectures on end of life care! Yahooie!
Dogledanje!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home