Heavenly ponderings...
Today, I have the joy and privilege of driving around "the beast." That would be the Ford Ranger, to you less informed folks.
Frank needed my car to drive to Forest Lawn and act as a pallbearer at Hank Cowell's funeral. Frank reported there were tears, but mostly rejoicing in Hank's passing from this troubled world into eternal glory with Christ. And, there was mention of Hank finally meeting up again with his beloved Olive. I wonder if those are nice sentiments for the benefit of those left behind? I mean, it is romantic to think of Hank and Olive embracing and enjoying being together again…but, really, how does that compare to being with Christ? It cannot compare. I think marriage now is a dim shadow of the perfect relationship we will share in glory with Christ. Granted, a relationship we can enjoy and relish NOW. It will be a bzillion times better after this life is over cause we'll escape these fleshly bodies, imperfect and be transformed, glorified into heavenly bodies…perfect. I can only imagine!
Have you ever wondered what happens at the exact moment you exhale your last breath on this doomed planet and inhale your next breath in the presence of the Lord? (I'm assuming you still look like you might be breathing…but, do spirits really breathe? Probably not-but maybe they still look like they do when in a body form of some kind? So, when Jesus was on the earth for 50 some odd days after His resurrection, walking around, talking and eating with His disciples…did he NOT breathe?)
Have you heard angels are sent to accompany or transport us in the "blink of an eye" time it takes to go from earthly passing (physical death) to heavenly living (spiritual eternal life)? I'll have to research this tidbit to see where exactly folks get that bit of trivia from as one of the jobs the angelic beings have.
And, if a thousand days here is like a day to the Lord and vice versa…does time end when we die and eternity, without time, begin? So, if time ends when we die…how long does it REALLY take to get from here to there, requiring angelic assistance along the way? I am sure I am so limited by my finite brain to truly grasp and comprehend such data. Probably why I still think in terms of time, distance and locality.
But really kind of cool to ponder, eh? Don't hurt your brain too much. God provides plenty of information to satisfy the rudiments of curiosity and leaves the rest unsaid. So to quote a famous friend, "don't go there." Playing around with the "what ifs" sparkfires my imagination and spurs me to wonder and wander down paths of fantastical thought. I can only imagine!
How about you? Do you wonder in awe at someday being in the presence of the Creator of the universe? Do you eagerly long for that day? Hmm..if you don't, aren't you a bit curious as to why? I would argue perhaps you don't know your Creator like you should.
Otherwise, you'd be able to agree with John and stand on a hilltop, with your arms outstretched as if you are embracing the sky and pray, or excitedly holler, "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!"
Revelation 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
Indeed, come Lord Jesus!
I can only imagine….
Dogledanje!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home