Thursday, November 04, 2004

Christmas is coming!!!

Okay, it IS official. I have red hair! NO, it is NOT strawberry blonde. NO, it is NOT goldish-red. Thar be no blonde hars upon me heed!

One of the docs just walked into the office and took a double look at me - sitting quietly at my desk - minding my own business - working in my own office- and he says, "Bruja! (which I think is affectionate Peruvian for
"witch"
) Vat hoppened to yer har? Yer har usedt to be so prurety and
goldfish (he.he.he..) in curlor!! Me-ja! Vat did yewe due ter yer har?"
To which I replied, "Shut up and speak American!!!"
"I zink it wuz bheader the othur curlor!" Then, he rudely stands in my doorway gawking at me! Grrr…

To add insult to injury, my son (for whom I endured much pain in childbirth to bring into this world) walks into the Student Ministry room last night and said (in a manner as to alert the media), "Your hair is RED!" (Can't get anything past him!)

Okay, so it is a bit drastic. It IS a bit different. But I don't think it looks bad! Frank doesn't seem to have a problem with it. The truth be known, my hair color now is the closest to my natural color (gasp!).

Random thought - I want to go back to school and get a degree in Biblical counseling.

Must be a mid-life crisis I'm having.

Hey! Tonight Frank and I are going on a date. We're going to be all romantical and stuff and walk around Laguna Beach and hold hands and giggle and peer into each other's souls (he said we could!). And, we'll probably get something to eat too.

Another Random thought - I HATE the fact that food tastes soooo good! I wonder if there is a medical procedure to deaden your tastebuds so nothing tastes good anymore and you just eat plain, healthful-type stuff to keep your body in nutritional shape!? Wasn't there a scene in a movie where some actress tried to do something like that? Er…no…it was her smeller. She wanted to remove her smeller ability so she wouldn't be able to smell smells that reminded her of the cad that just broke her heart. Well, I don't have THAT problem. I think Ashley Judd was in the movie with Hugh Jackman. Ahhhhh, yes…."Someone like You" was the title. Chick flick. Pretty funny chick flick.

May have to go on my wish list for Christmas….

Speaking of which…for those of you who care…here is Mary's official Christmas Wish list:

  1. $1 Billion dollars, tax-free.
  2. Any Mindi Abair Music CD.
  3. 5 karat total, diamond anniversary band.
  4. Any Marc Antoine Music CD.
  5. A 5,000 sq ft country cottage with a wrap-around porch, which back door opens 500 feet from a placid lake in the woods with no fleas, ticks, mosquitoes or other such nuisiances.
  6. The book, When People are Big and God is Small.
  7. A convertible Mazda Miata, honey/peachy colored with gold trim and tan leather seats and a personalized license plate: honybun or TBKsBQ
  8. A queen-sized down comforter with a moss or celery green duvet.
  9. To not have to work, but get paid anyway.
  10. A villa in Tuscanny, Italy.
  11. Halston Perfume.
  12. A not still a kitten, but not fully adult, Ragdoll or Maine Coon cat named: Peaches, Precious, Willy or Beautimus Maximus (Maxi for short).
  13. An ant-immune house.
  14. A real telescope to star gaze and moon gaze and planet gaze.
  15. A personal assistant/maid/double/robot.
  16. A cleaned out, organized, boxes culled & discarded, garage.
  17. "Sense & Sensibility" on DVD.
  18. "Someone like You" on DVD.
  19. Anne Klein Perfume.
  20. To feel like I'm sleeping in when I get up at 6:00 a.m.
  21. "Aladdin" on DVD.
  22. Any Acoustic Alchemy CD (except the two I already own).
  23. A visit to see and play with Fainting Goats.
  24. A Master's Degree in….???
  25. All the Aahhhh! Real Monsters episodes.
  26. A huge cutting board (like the one the Jones' have).
  27. My "Guess" watch fixed.
  28. My own island.
  29. A Starbuck's Giftcard.
  30. A huge box of milk-chocolate covered cherries.
  31. Tickets to see the "Ten Commandments" with Val Kilmer.
  32. A ceiling fan in my bedroom.
  33. A 12-month subscription to "Sunset" Magazine.
  34. All my photos developed and organized in scrapbooks.
  35. A sewing machine.
  36. A huge tub of Sweetstripes.
  37. A huge jar of Almond M&M's.
  38. Trips to see the Grand Canyon; Mount Rushmore; Banff, Canada; White Sands, NM; A tour of the Antebellum homes in the South; Edward Island; my sister in Colorado; and to stay in the hotel from the movie "Somewhere in Time".
  39. A WalMart giftcard.
  40. To plan and execute the repainting of our kitchen.

Have you made your list? What do YOU want for Christmas????

Dream BIG!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home