Rhetoric...Victorious and otherwise
In case you missed it (which most of us did…as we were either at work or at school or in surgery [okay, I don't know anyone who was actually in surgery] or taking a nap [I could use a good nap!])….
Here is the text of President Bush's Victory speech -> here
and, in case you are curious, and because I want to do my part to help "begin the healing…" [I didn't know anyone was sick…since when, when two people argue from different points of view is a call for "healing" needed?]…anyway
Here is the text of John Kerry's concession speech -> here
I have to admit, the reading of it sounded very warm, fuzzy and kinda gave me goosey-pimples (well, really, only because I have stood in Fanuiel Hall, where Senator Kerry stood today to give his concession speech.)
Well, there you have it. Now it's back to business.
In retrospect, we should've stayed up all night watching the pundits hem and haw over Ohio! We could of played Scrabble [100 points for "GWBush" and 50 points for "JFKerry" and 270 points for "Ohio"…he.he.he…I just kill myself sometimes!], drank hot cider and developed carpal tunnel syndrome from hitting the "previous channel" button on the TV Remote!
Okay, so it wouldn't have been as exciting as waiting for the 3rd installment of the LOTR Trilogy…but it would've been fun! Sleep is over-rated anyway!
Yeah, right.
Eh?
Wonder if anyone attended classes at the Electoral College today? He.he.he….


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home