Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I'm really not a politically active person...definitely...definitely not

However! I bring to your attention the vote that goes before the Senate regarding same-sex marriages. Click this link if you would like more information OR if you would like to email your elected officials and ask them to vote AGAINST same-sex marriages. I feel I have a responsibility to speak out against same-sex marriages. I believe it is damaging to the framework of our country, our children and eventually, hetero-sexual marriages. The gay community is trying to make same-sex marriages a civil rights issue. It is NOT a civil rights issue. If you'd like to read more on this subject, go do Townhall.com and start clicking and reading. God help us to stand for Truth.

I'm pretty tired today. I proctored two (count them, dos[2]) American Board of Pediatrics Exams today. It is fun to have absolute power (within the framework of proctoring the exam) for four hour stints! He.he.he...those poor doctors! :)

I can work or do pretty much anything I want while I'm sitting there being the exam warden. So, for the first 4 hours, I finished up my "Bitesize Theology" review and had a great time with the Lord. So, get ready for a few quotes! I do love this book.

Grace: God's mercy to the undeserving
The grace of God is the most thrilling concept that can occupy the mind of a Christian, and when it occupies the mind it will soon flood the heart with praise to God that such a thing exists. Without grace there is no hope for any of us. The only alternative to grace is salvation by our own efforts. This is a non-starter because God will not accept it. The New Testament makes that abundantly clear.

- "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin" (Romans 3:20).
- "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast" (Eph. 2:8-9).
- "He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy" (Titus 3:5).

How grace works
In Ephesians 2:4-5 we find three great gospel words - love, mercy and grace. Out of God's love and mercy flows grace. Grace is not some abstract idea; it is God working. Grace is God loving the unlovely, pardoning the guilty and saving the lost. Grace is the unique work of God. We do not deserve grace because our sin is our own fault. What we deserve is hell, but in Christ we receive grace and every blessing and benefit that flows from it. Salvation by grace is an eternal salvation. It depends upon the merit of Christ, not our merit; therefore it never fails or loses its power. (pp. 50-51)

Have you pondered God's grace to you? Aren't you thankful your salvation doesn't depend upon your merit but instead Jesus Christ's? I am! Praise God, for in His divine love planned salvation and in His divine grace provided my salvation! And yours too! If you haven't read Bitesize Theology by Peter Jeffery, I highly recommend it. It will certainly put some meat on the bones of your faith in what God has done and is doing in your life.

I love You, Lord!

dogledanji!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home