Saturday, July 10, 2004

Honorable Mention

This is an interesting site where not so famous people with famous inventions are listed. When this gentleman discovered Jack Lord (From Hawaii 5-O, "Book 'em Danno" TV Show) had died and no one made a big deal out of it, he made Jack Lord an "honorary unsubscriber" from his email list to his "True Stories" Website.

Interestingly, there are a few "religious" folks mentioned. So here's a thing to think about: when you die, what do you hope they will say about you?

Which reminds me of a rhyming jingle I heard many years ago:

Only one life,
t'will soon be past
Only what's done
for Christ will last


When you are gone from this earth, what do you want people to remember about you? Though people may remember me for being the "bunny lover"...I truly hope they will think about God first.

Hebrews 10:23-25
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Phil 1:2-5
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.


May people see Christ, not me, today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home