Words to ponder (or sing)...
Frank loves music! He will pull obscure albums off the shelf and listen to them in snippets. His DJ roots show most often when he is delighted to share a song with me, or anyone for that matter.
I love music too! Good, inspirational music helps me in my attitude towards prayer, reading God's Word, getting ready to corporately worship God, and fellowshipping with the Body of Christ. Often, I will use music as part of my lesson...I am so moved sometimes. Unlike Frank, I get engrossed in an album and I will listen to it for days, weeks, sometimes a whole month.
Lately, I've been listening to Fernando Ortega's This Bright Hour CD. At first, I was re-checking out each song because I bought a copy of it and mailed it to my sister. She shares a passion for music as well.
I don't sing well, but I love to sing! Alone in my car, I can crank up the tunes and bellow along to my heart's content. Though my voice may be a bit like a squeaky wheel, my heart is full of praise and adoration to the Lord! Anywho....
I jumped in my car this morning and was all ready to listen to Fernando when all of a sudden Jon BonJovi cranks up singing "Its my life, its now or never, I ain't gonna live forever...I'm gonna live while I'm alive...its my life!...like Franky said, I did it my way." His anthem of living life to its fullest, is really upbeat and forceful...with a huge splash of defiance thrown into the mix. The music is powerful and driving. My toe was tapping and I found myself singing along. (Frank went to an Angels game last night and took the car and probably rocked out all the way to the ballgame! I guess Fernando Ortega didn't quite provide the right "upbeat, gusto, we're gonna stomp the other team" effect, Frank may have been looking for!) ;o)
Though I like this band and this song...I didn't really enjoy it as much as I used to. My life it not my own. Doing things my way is directly against God's way. And, as a believer, I am going to live for eternity with my Lord and Savior. There is truth to the statements, 'its now or never' and 'I'm gonna live while I'm alive' in the sense that we do need to make the most of the time God has given us and make all that we do count for Him and be for His glory. But then again, the audacity of saying, 'I'm gonna live while I'm alive' is a way of claiming you have control over your very breath and heartbeat. Of which none of us do. God allows the very next beat of my heart and controls the very air I breathe.
So, I'm hunting for my Fernando Ortega CD (Frank!). And, on my way home tonight...I won't turn on the radio or cd player. I think I'll drive home in silence and listen to God. When was the last time you allowed silence into your realm of influence and listened to God?
Following are words from two songs I love...
Hear Me Calling, Great Redeemer
As I walk, Lord, through the valley, hold my hand, hold my trembling hand.
If I stumble by the wayside, in Your strength help me stand.
The sparks fly upward while the wind blows like a spirit lost upon the sea.
I am torn, Lord, and born to trouble. I am blind and I am weak.
Hear me calling, great Redeemer, at the foot of Your dark cross where You suffered for the sinner, bleeding, dying, for the lost.
Go before me through the valley, speak to me, for I know Your voice.
Lead me homeward, gentle Shepherd, God of love, God of grace.
By: Fernando Ortega, from his This Bright Hour Album
My Redeemer
I will sing of my Redeemer, and His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered, from the curse to set me free.
Refrain
Sing, oh sing, of my Redeemer, with His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon, paid the debt, and made me free.
I will tell the wondrous story, how my lost estate to save,
in His boundless love and mercy, He the ransom freely gave.
I will praise my dear Redeemer, His triumphant power I’ll tell,
how the victory He giveth over sin, and death, and hell.
I will sing of my Redeemer, and His heavenly love to me;
He from death to life hath brought me, Son of God with Him to be.
By: Philip Bliss
Parting thought: If we all love God so much and are so thankful for what He has done for us, then, why does everyone look so unhappy and bored when we are singing praises to God? That there be one of my pet peeves.
dogledanji!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home