Saturday, May 08, 2004

Late Saturday Night (should be asleep!)

So, Frank was a BLOG Hog and just now abandoned the computer so I could log in and see what is going on in the world of Blogging Cyber Folks.

Underline? Shall I torture Sarah and not tell her how to underline???
Hmmm...underline....what is the HTML Code for underlining...??? Very good question. Let us see if this will work I am trying to underline this section and guess what? Yes boys and girls, it is true...I have discovered the secret to underlining. So, here we go...whenever you want to underline text within your Blog...all you need to do is type a "<" then a "u" and then a ">" and then begin typing the text you desired to be underlined. When you are finished...you need to type a "<" then a "/" (note, that is a forward slash) and then a "u" and then a ">" to close it off. That will be $25.00 please.

So, Clive Staples is a rather unusual name. However, the name alone, Clive, is kinda common:
1. Clive Barker (scary, wicked minded writer/director - don't recommend ANY of his movies).
2. There is a Clive, Iowa in the old US of A. underlining here, just for fun!
3. CLIVE = Computer-aided Learning In Veterinary Education (really). You can go here to see Really!
4. Clive W.J Granger can be found in the Economics Department at UCSD Another Clive Here!
5. Clive Ruggles (is that REALLY a last name???) is a professor at University of Leicester School of Archaeology and Ancient History at this location Clive here too...
6. And, Clive Gregson is a Singer Songwriter Musician who is an English singer songwriter from poprock group Any Trouble, member of Richard Thompson Band, duo in Gregson & Collister, and solo performer according to this website And yet, another Clive here..

Okay, that was kinda really boring...but I was curious to see how common or uncommon the name "Clive" was. Perhaps I should purchase another fishy and name it "Clive". Wonder if Frank would have an aversion to the name "Clive" like he does the name "Claire"?

Hope there are no Claires reading this Blog. Yes, he really does not like that name. I have tortured him several times with wondering if I could legally change my name to Claire.

Oh..oh..oh...I'm feeling poetical (scary, I know...cause you just NEVER know what will flow from this twisted mind of mine!).

Ode to Claire (<-----------Oh! DO note the clever use of underlining here!)
I think that there shall never be
a name as lovely that ends with "e"
No, no, it is not "Mare"
we doth repine the name of Claire

So sweet the sound doth leave my lips
and throws Frank into verbolic flips
and fits of screams and fists of hair
all because of that name, Claire.

Such silliness, quite plain to see
a grown man all sick and colicky
Provoked by sweetly exhaled air
Gently caressing that name, Claire.

I do not know why I must persist
and taunt him with this verbal fist
its just a name! I innocently reply
quick to duck as more hairs fly

Good thing for me, my name's not Claire
or he'd be gone, to anywhere
the name is benign, it's not so bad
I could be stuck on that name Chad!

Ahem...that will be $35.00 for every groan, guffaw or hiss of disgust! :)

Sometimes, I shouldn't be left alone. I just crack myself up!
Okay, I'm over my fit of giggles and delicious self-satisfaction with my own perceived wittiness.

Well, who knew? Oh well, tomorrow is Mother's Day. Tune in. Same "Claire" time, same "Claire" channel (he.he.he....), we might be writing the tale of The Son who forgot his mother on Mother's Day!

G'nite! Dogledanji! And, um, Sarah...if you are awake and reading this...it is WAY past your bed time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home