Friday, December 17, 2004

One Flock with One Shepherd

John 10:14-18
"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me,
even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."
I had a wonderful dinner last night with a friend. We both agreed to meet for purposes of clearing up misunderstandings, addressing a few issues and giving/getting a general update on the status of things.

One wonderful result of our time together was the realization we would never have met had it not been for Jesus Christ! That statement is really amazing in and of itself, when you really ponder it. What could have been a time of hurt feelings, continued misunderstandings and selfishness, was instead, a sweet time of fellowship, sharing and caring for each other. Other than knowing we share Jesus Christ…another sweet treasure is I have a renewed friendship with a Godly woman who desires to serve the Lord.

We both agreed how great our church body could be if each of us kept our focus on Christ and sought to serve each other as unto the Lord. We agreed to keep praying for each other, our leadership and our church body. And, we agreed that it has to be God doing the work and not us.

...It has to begin with me….and with you…and you…each and every one of you. Next time you go to a church gathering, meeting, service, etc. - go with the attitude of "how may I serve my brothers and sisters in Christ?"

Hebrews 13:20-21
Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great
Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.


Dogeldanje!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home