Monday, November 29, 2004

Updatedness....

Henceforth, thereafter and all the past updated to this date and moment in the ever advancing time continuum of life (say, what?…oh, never mind…just keep reading).

It appears I haven't blogged since last, er, um, Wednesday, November 24, 2004. Thanksgiving Day loomed, company was coming and no cakes baked (which IS an old Southern saying). So, I have spent the majority of my brief four days off…cooking! Of which, I truly love to do.

Wednesday (11/24/04 - 12:20 p.m.) - I clocked out from my place of employ and began the Thanksgiving dash. What is the "dash" you ask? Ah, well, it would be the list of last minute things you need to get at the grocery store, for the last time, so you don't have to run out at 11:30 p.m. and vie for a parking spot at the local grocery retailer. You WOULD be amazed at how many people are shopping for Thanksgiving dinner ingredients at 11:30 p.m. on the eve of Thanksgiving! Venturing forth into the grocery store at such a time is equal to taking a tightrope walk across Niagara Falls (quite dangerous, and very messy - all that misty water swirling around you, and NOT to mention what that mist does to your otherwise straight hair). Well, it was upon this last excursion to the grocery store wherewith I alighted upon a hair frosting kit that was on sale. CanNOT pass up said bargain.

Same day - 2:30 p.m. - arrived at home to find a quite amicable Jameson most willing to do my bidding (which must be a direct result of being allowed to stay home and play Halo2 for several hours). Tasked Jameson with unloading the car. I will spare you the minutia of details involving my Wednesday afternoon, but it encompassed a sparkling clean bathroom, set straight bedroom, breakfast casserole preparation, baking a cake (truly), shredding roast beast for the black-bean-chili, assessing the spare bedroom for dumpage of miscellaneous odds and ends and a brief respite in my favorite chair at 6:25 p.m. Somewhere in this timeframe, Mistress Sarah sauntered over and challenged Jameson (a.k.a. Deaths a'knockin) to a Halo2 duel. Secured Sarah's services for assisting me with frosting my hair later in the evening.

Same day - 7:05 p.m. - arrived at church for the Thanksgiving Eve Service. All were thankful. Jameson declared his thankfulness for me in the car on the way home (must be the eagerly anticipated breakfast casserole prompting his gratitude). [On a huge side note: perhaps my mother is correct after all in her assessment, "the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach."]

Same day - 9:00 p.m. - finished prepping food for T-day. Unloaded and loaded dishwasher for the umpteenth time (yes, I KNOW, be thankful I have a dishwasher!!!). Around 9:30ish p.m., engaged Sarah in the frosting of my hair. Several references to "Gollum", an "Alien" and other such unflattering comments spewed forth from several degenerate tweenagers. I must say, however, Sarah makes a fine hairstylist. As a hobby, she could always take up "doing hair" for fun. I am truly sorry she was traumatized by the experience, but not one hair was lost nor one hole poked into my skull (not for lack of trying, however). The results were exactly as I desired! Thanks so much.

Well, I am exhausted just rehashing my "Thanksgiving Eve" exploits…so, you shall have to await further comments on the gourmet turkeys, etceteras, so forths, and so ons.

dogledanje!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home