Pleased AND disturbed...
Overall, I am please with the results of our November 2nd election! If you are curious to see how Orange County voted on stuff (some of which I do not recall casting a vote for or against…hmmm), you can click here to see the breakdown from the OC Registrar of Voters.
Here are a few stats, just for Orange County -
Total Registered Voters - 1,495,824
Precinct Registration - 1,495,824
Precinct Ballots Cast - 601,352 - 40.2%
Early Ballots Cast - 29,228 - 2.0%
Absentee Ballots Cast - 153,884 - 10.3%
Total Ballots Cast - 784,464 - 52.4%
So, 52% of Orange County registered voters voted in this election! I know for a fact that the 1,495,824 "total registered voters" is off by at least 1. They had Frank down twice to vote! Which was pretty interesting in itself.
I find it interesting that I did NOT have to show any kind of ID to prove who I was. I mean, I KNOW who I am, but these dedicated poll workers had no notion of who I was!
I am thankful that President Bush was re-elected. Praise God!
I am very sad California passed the Stem Cell Research Proposition (71). In fact, I am deeply disturbed by this. I wonder if where I work will get on the band wagon and try to get a piece of the $6 Billion pie??? I will have to discuss this issue with Frank. For, if they do decide to do embryonic stem cell research where I work, I will have to start looking for another job (that IS how strongly I feel about this issue)!
I know our Research Department has been using stem cells from saved umbilical cords donated for this very purpose. I hope and pray they leave it at that. My director is keeping a close eye on this and promises to keep me informed on the future plans of our research!
Perhaps we should consider moving to Ohio??? At least I know how the voters there feel about keeping marriage between one man and one woman! Hmmm…that is also where Alistair Begg preaches!!!
There's always Canada.
eh? After all, Judy is from Canada...so it can't be that bad!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home