Drowned rat + me = no sleep
So, I wonder if this was how Noah felt the first few days on the Ark? I've heard some pastors intimate Noah probably slept like a baby, safe within the Ark of God's design. What about Noah's wife? Did she sleep soundly?
Yes, cyber buddies...it is 4:05 a.m. on Wednesday. Thought I'd get an early start on my early day at work...er...that would be negative! Um...hmmm...the storm cell that just passed through here about 20 minutes ago knocked out our DirectTV reception (which Frank mumbled, "will reset after the cloudburst subsides and it gets a clear signal again..." before he shuffled back to bed). How long does it take to get a clear signal? I think the dish either became discombobulated (which is a really technical term for: this extreme weather pattern blew the dish off the roof) OR was sucked into wind sprite and is now orbiting the moon.
Hey! But it was NICE of Frank to notice I was gone and come and check on me. He's a keeper. Even if he is a sleeper!!! Grrrr.......
So, I cannot sleep. The rain (and wind) sounds like massive stones dropping into a swimming-pool-sized tin can (especially on the window airconditioner right by my head in our bedroom).
Frank sleeps like a baby in this kind of weather. Good for him. At least one of us won't be too grumpy today from lack of sleep.
I know, it is a choice to be grumpy. But, was it a choice to be rained upon? Negatory!!! Had I had a say in the downpour, which seems to have no end, I would have moved it over a few hundred yards and avoided my house altogether!
Okay, so, no Sarah, I didn't REALLY mean to boycott blogs!!! (Er, yes I did.) I just thought I'd write that to see if anyone responded and updated their blogs - which they did NOT! It must be a conspiracy.
The rain that is. I'm sure Kerry will find a way to blame President Bush for our foul weather. He's blaming him for everything else! Did you know Kerry's wife, Theresa, plans for her first agenda item as First Lady to be "gay tolerance"? Amazing. Please go away and never return. I'd personally appreciate it!
Well, I can only be so verbose with lack of sleep and mucho H2O invading my ear space! Perhaps Mrs. Noah just freaked out and didn't sleep for several days and succumbed to exhaustion and had no choice!
Did you know that if you go without sleep for too long you begin to hallucinate and lose weight and start answering to the name, "Grumpy Gills", as if it were a natural name to respond to?
Did you also know that if you have "pop-ups" blocked on your browser, spell check does not work?
Hey! I'm just a plethora of information, eh?
Okay...I need to do something else for a while. I'm beginning to think the screen is starting to melt like rain drops...
Raindrops keep falling on my head...
but that doesn't mean my skies will soon be turning gray
nothing's worryin' me, cause...
Who the heck wrote that song? AND, what the heck do those lyrics mean? Probably a result of someone who went without sleep for several days. I betcha!
Okay...I'm going now. I need to go practice being my sunny self! Oh yah...
I'm a bit envious Frank can sleep through this!
At least I have the kitties to keep me company...er...no...scratch that...they are all sleeping too!
Traitors!
Sleepers!
Noise ignorerers!
Rain disregarders!
Awakeness hypocrites!
Sheesh! I better go now!
*grumble*
....
signing off - Grumpy Gills!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home