Tuesday, October 19, 2004

fickle weather = fickle ramblings

Proverbs 25:11-12 Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances. Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold is a wise reprover to a listening ear.

Proverbs 26:28 A lying tongue hates those it crushes, and a flattering mouth works ruin.

"Flattery is like perfume: it is to be smelled in small quantities and never swallowed."


No commentaries today.

No sermons to preach.

Just a reminder to have your words to each other be sweetness and light today (and every day)!

Our weather is fickle. That is all I can say! This time last year, we were hot and fires blazed across the hills threatening homes and cabins in the mountains. Now we have rain and the threat of mudslides.

I do love the rain, however.

Eggnog is already in the grocery store! Frank loves eggnog! But, it is rather early to be enjoying that holiday beverage!!!

Yes, Mistress Sirah, I WILL have to concoct some of my Spiced Cider. Perhaps I shall have some prepared for our group on Wednesday night!!!???

So, I am a bit excited they are making a mini-series our of the Ursula Le Guin’s Earthsea books. It will be on two nights, December 13 & 14. Well, it isn’t Return of the King…but it IS something to look forward to!!! Perhaps we should tape it and watch it when those interested in such cinematic fantasy are out of school for Winter Break?? Hmmm….

Oooh! Yessssssss! And, we need to have fish and chips at Muldoon’s Irish Pub…yess precioussss….fisshessss and chippssssesss….

Phew! It is time for lunch…no wonder I was thinking about food!

Sirah and I are the ONLY faithful ones to update their blogs somewhat consistently. Perhaps we should go on strike and boycott the whole blog thing???

Food calls…gotta run!

Dogledanje!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home