Saturday, October 02, 2004

A life reflecting Jesus Christ...

Is your life meaningful?

I received another list from the Honorary Unsubscriber of people who contributed something to advance science, our lives or some other invention we may use every day but take for granted.

Iceal Hambleton, died from cancer on September 19, 2004 at age 85 – the man the book/movie “Bat 21 (1980)” was about. You can read more about him here.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, died on August 24, 2004, at her home at age 78 - Her 1969 book On Death and Dying was both ground-breaking and best-selling. It described the "five stages" of impending death that most patients go through (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance), and found reaching the last step was easiest for those who could look back and agree their life had meaning.
Click here to read more about her.

Anita Borg, died April 6, 2004 from brain cancer at age 54. I always wondered where the idea for the “Borg” in the Star Trek: Generations TV shows might have come from. I do not know for sure that they came from this lady, but it is interested to note that Borg was a computer scientist and “realized that what she really wanted to do was not study computers but use computers to link people,” said Brian Reid, the head of a research group at DEC’s Western Research Laboratory where Borg worked.
You can read more about her here.

I do not know if any of these people were Christians. However, it does cause me to reflect upon my life and wonder what does my life say about Christ.

Look what Paul had to say about his life…may this be my prayer, and yours, also.

Philippians 1:20-21 “according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

Though I know I won’t make the Honorary Unsubscriber list (and don’t care), I do desire to be greeted with these words when I see Christ Jesus, “Well done, my good & faithful servant.”

May I reflect Christ Jesus and not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home