Friday, April 09, 2004

Jesus Christ is ALIVE! He is risen indeed!

Hallelujah! Praise God, for we have been redeemed through the blood of Christ. Today is "Good Friday". However, I would argue that everyday we have been given to live for Christ is a "Good" day. I know, I know. Good Friday is particularly significant as it causes us to pause in remembrance of the critical time in history when Jesus was betrayed, wrongly accused, beaten and scourged by Roman officials/guards, crucified on a cross where He took upon Himself the full outpouring of God's wrath for my sin (and your's), gave up His life and died, was taken down from the cross and prepared for burial and buried in a rich man's tomb. Where, in fact, He lay dead until the third day.

However much I love rabbits - they truly have NOTHING to do with why we celebrate Easter Sunday. They have no significant part in what Easter is all about. They, in fact, are a terrible distraction from the miracle and truth of Easter.

Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day! He was resurrected! He is alive today! He is our risen Savior.

I'll probably take a little heat for this, but I do love the Sandi Patty song, "Was it a Morning Like This?" I wonder if the writers of that song loosely base their words upon what Jesus said in Luke 19:40. The song reflects the joy creation possibly felt (if it could have feelings) at the triumphal ressurection of Jesus. The words of the song wondered if the earth rejoiced to "feel" the Creator again. Did the grass sing? Did the earth rejoice to feel the risen Savior?

Do you eagerly anticipate the one day that is singled out in the year to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ? Without the resurrection of Christ, we have no hope!

Jesus' death on the cross satisfied the debt owed for our sin. He paid the price He did not owe for a debt we could not pay. Where is your hope? My hope is in Christ. He died for me, paid the price for my sin and rose again from the dead. Without Christ, life would have no point.

I serve a risen Savior! Whom do you serve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home