Lunch today is "Honey stung chicken, baked squash and green salad." Do NOT ask me how you "honey sting" a chicken - but the result is very tasty. I had two pieces. I avoided the squash as it was of the size and color of something non-squash like, in my opinion. I have NEVER seen squash pieces that big before. They kinda looked like mutant squash. And, the salad - it has garbanzo beans (aka...the stuff humus is made from). I took two bites and recalled why I like humus, but not garbanzo beans unsquished. Icky.
Thanks, Sarah, for the kind words about last night. I enjoyed teaching the lesson. I appreciate you, Sarah!
I am still ruminating over the "intense" conversation on the way home in the car. And, to clarify, neither Frank nor I were mad...we both feel very strongly about what we were discussing.
I am truly thankful for Debbie Byars! She is my best friend. More importantly, she loves God, desires to focus on Him and honor and glorify Him. She sharpens me in my walk with Christ and is always a healthy sounding board for me. She shared a few verses with me that I will leave y'all with to meditate upon.
Romans 8:1 "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. "
Philippians 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:12-16 "Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you; however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained."
I love each of you dearly!
Delight yourself in the Lord. Praise Him!
Be joyful. In everything give thanks!
Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Ciao!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home