I love Sundays!
And you know, I USED to dread Sundays! God has changed my heart - that is the ONLY explanation I can think for this attitude towards Sundays!
I suppose my love for Sundays has a lot to do with my love for God, His people and His church. Used to be Sundays were "my" time: sleep-in time; brunch time; drinking a cup of coffee and perusing the paper & coupons; taking a trip to the beach, the mall, the swap-meet...anything that would/could provide me with pleasure for me.
And, this time change thing - I was wrong. I love it too! There is more light in the day (or will be as Spring blossoms into Summer). So, I take back what I said yesterday. Silly me.
I love the time change!!!
Oh yeah - If you haven't read "Bite Size Theology" by Peter Jeffery, WHY NOT? Okay, I know some of you students are waiting cause I keep saying it will be a part of our Small Group Study on Wednesday nights. So, that is fair. Y'all can wait a few more weeks or so. But the rest of you - take a munch or two. Ar...ar...ar.
So, I knew this...but I read this little tid-bit and it seemed to bring together a HUGE truth into a digestable, nugget size, crystal clear TRUTH. And, it is from the book I just mentioned.
Here's the quote: "The ministries of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all essential for our salvation. The Father planned it, the Son purchased it, and the Holy Spirit applies it to us. This He does, says Jesus, by giving us new life (John 3:5-8) and by convicting us of sin (John 16:8). Without conviction there can be no repentance and without repentance there can be no salvation." pp. 29-30.
WOW! I love the clarity of that quote. I pray it is meaningful to you as well.
I love You, God. Thank You for loving me beyond the realms of my comprehension. Thank You for purchasing me with the precious blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank You for changing my heart.
Thank You, God, for Sundays!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home