
"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of gerat joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find the baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.'" (Luke 2:10-12)
Here are the top 10 excuses why I'm not sending out Christmas Cards this year:
- The store ran out of "meaningful" Christmas Cards.
- The dog ate them, er, um...as he IS part goat.
- After all the browsing I did for Christmas Cards, I couldn't find one that accurately represented me & Frank.
- I'm disorganzied and need to work on my time management skills.
- My right hand is allergic to writing on Christmas Cards.
- I am not ambidextrous (i.e., unusually skillful, using both hands with ease), so using my left hand to write Christmas Cards is not an option.
- I am allergic to the icky-gunk-pooh tasting glue on the Christmas Card envelopes (and so is any other wetting device I might employ or conceptualize to work in my stead). Okay, well, that IS a fib. I am sure I WOULD be allergic to the icky tasting glue if I got tested by an Allergy/Immunology Specialist.
- Papercuts cause me great personal anxiety and food related stress. And, they hurt (You too will find this to be very true when you start cooking and using lemons in your cooking, etc.).
- With all the moving, unpacking, repacking, storing, unstoring, sleeping, working, playing, movie-watching, cooking, candy-making, party-going-ing (just sounded right to me with that extra "ing" in there), driving, cleaning, Ranger rescuing, rain dodging, cold weather turning, life-involving events, etc., I had to partake in this Christmas season, I ran out of time.
- Somewhere, right now, there is a blizzard in the world and I don't want to add to the stress of our US Postal Service (as they are overworked and seriously underpaid).
If you managed to send us a Christmas card - thank YOU very much. I do LOVE getting Christmas Cards in the mail. They make me feel all special and wonderful and thought of and loved and warm and...and...and...I bet you feel the same way when YOU get Christmas Cards from everyone you know. Okay, so NOW I have to apologize to you for NOT sending you a Christmas Card. Please forgive me. In fact, I feel so guilty that I'm going to have a terrible Christmas now (okay, THAT was a fib too).
So, please accept this electronic transmission as our Christmas Card to you!
I believe Frank and I will get our act together by June 25, 2009...and just MIGHT send out Christmas Cards then. Hey, it COULD happen!
Seriously.
May Jesus Christ be your source of hope, joy and peace this Christmas Season.
We love you all and pray for you daily.
I hope to see you all at the Christmas Eve Service tomorrow night!
Much love,
Mary & Frank
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home