Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Feet

No, this isn't a plug for the movie, "Happy Feet."  Never saw it...probably never will.  I'm more a "Tangled" kind of cartoon watching gal.  How about you?
 
"...if you're tired, busy, overwhelmed, or lacking creativity, I'd recommend not saving Jesus for a last resort. If you have to make time for just one thing, I'd start with Him. Somehow, He makes everything else fall into place. " By Rebekah Snyder , from her blog entry, "You Must be Happy" found here: http://beyondwaiting.wordpress.com/
 
I just came across, Rebekah Snyder's blog, Beyond Waiting, today and thought the above quote was pretty awesome.  Apparently, Rebekah can only write when she's happy...hence the blog & quote. 
 
According to Frank, I get "happy feet" when I'm happy, content, at peace, joyful, rested, unbothered, etc.  He always remarks by saying, "I see you've got your happy feet going."  And he'll smile and I'll smile...or sometimes I'll look at him unaware I was exhibiting "happy feet" syndrome. 
 
My son, Jameson, gets "happy feet" as well.  I noticed this just this last Christmas as he sat there, eating breakfast and anticipating opening presents. 
 
When he was a little boy, he'd jump into bed and shove his feet to the very end of the bed and swish them around, back and forth and stretch out his arms and legs until his tiny "mass" covered every possible dimension of his twin bed.  Bedtime was usually a happy time for us.  We'd read books, giggle and end the nightly routine with prayer.  It never occured to me at that time to start the day in prayer with him.
 
Lately, I find myself praying almost constantly.  I don't know if that is what's called an attitude of prayer, but it seems I'm doing it a lot.  I find great comfort and joy being able to stay plugged in to an ongoing conversation with my Lord, Savior, Comforter and Friend.  And, I notice my "happy feet," tend to activate frequently.  Perhaps that is why Rebekah's quote resonated with me today.
 
What about you?
Are you active in your relationship with Jesus?
Do you take Him with you throughout your day?
Do you find yourself captivated by thoughts of Him throughout your day?
Do Bible verses come to mind?
Do worship songs escape your lips in praise?
 
Saturate your day with Jesus.  He does "make everything else fall in to place."
 
Here are some verses to start memorizing...

Philippians 4:5-7 5Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.  6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 16Rejoice always; 17pray without ceasing;  18in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 12:1-3 1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.

 
Matthew 11:29-30 (Jesus is talking here) 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
 
Find rest in Jesus today.
Real, satisfying, better than an uninterrupted nap kind of rest. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home