
You'd have to be isolated from everything to NOT know Sunday is Mother's Day!!!
If you still have the blessing of a mom around, DO NOT forget her on this day to honor her! If you can manage to carve out some time from your busy schedule called "your life," I'm sure your mother would enjoy spending the WHOLE day with you! Think about how special you feel when it is your birthday...and...use that feeling and focus it on your mom. Even if you cannot afford a gift, flowers or a card...make her a card. Write her a "thank you" letter. Write her a "special memory" note. Write her a poem. Forget about yourself and think about your mom.
Some moms will say it doesn't matter (but it does).
Some moms will say for you to not make a fuss (but you should).
Some moms will get all cranky and tell you to not make a big deal (but make HER the big deal!).
Some moms will smile and say, "that's okay" if you forget (but it WON'T be okay...I'm not calling your mom a liar...but, trust me, it won't be okay).
Some moms will cry when you show up (let them!).
Some moms will laugh and hug you (laugh with them and hug back).
Turn off the TV.
Get off the phone.
Stop texting.
Plan now to do something with your mom.
Go get her a card, or make her one.
If you can afford it, order her flowers.
Stop reading now, if you are not a mom.
Early Happy Mother's Day to you, moms of our teens, moms of adult children, moms without their own kids!
I am thankful that I had almost 46 Mother's Days to honor my mother.
And, were I with her now (in heaven)...we wouldn't be focusing on Mother's Day at all...we'd be basking in the eternal light and glory of Jesus.
He Who understands being forgotten.
He Who understands heartbreak.
He Who understands abandonment.
He Who hung naked, bruised and bleeding on the cross for me....and you.
He Who every moment of every earthly day watches as His children walk away from Him to pursue empty, selfish pursuits.
I HAVE to worship on Sunday.
I hope you do too!
I won't have my own mother there to celebrate...so I hope you'll let me celebrate with you!
I have so much to be thankful for.
And, if you are a child of God, so do you!
If you haven't trusted Jesus to save you from God's wrath and punishment for your sin...why not do so today!?
May you truly know the joy, peace and comfort of knowing Jesus.
May you be able to rest in Him...even on Mother's Day, despite who does or does not remember you on this special day!
Love, your sister in Christ,
Mary
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home