Monday, May 04, 2009

Are your bones rotten?

Much to be in prayer about this week...
Jenna is flying (probably right now) to Paris, France.  She and her team will try to integrate into the lives of Parisian College students and share the Gospel.  Please pray for them.  Pray they will show the love of Christ to each other and to all they come into contact with.  Nothing is more attractive than people in love.
 
Do you believe that?
 
When you see a couple holding hands and making "those eyes" at each other...how do you feel inside?  Does it make you reflective about your own relationship?  Sometimes, when we see other people with some we want so badly, we get envious.  Read below to see what the PW devo has to say about this today.
 
I'm still reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.  I have to tell you, this book has grabbed my heart and I am deeply convicted about being "in-love with God" and "loving others as myself."  I love God, but I know I am not in-love with Him like I want to be.  This scares me, crushes me and breaks my heart.  Pray for me.  I'd appreciate it.
 
How about you?  Are you "in-love" with God?  Francis Chan describes being in love with God like being obsessed with Him.  He is all you can think about...He is all you want to talk about...He is the only One you want to dwell upon.  Wow.  This is one time being obessed about a person is probably okay...only because He is the One Who made me.  He wants me to be obsessed with Him.  And, if you belong to Jesus...He wants you to be obsessed with Him as well.
 
If you haven't read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan...I would highly recommend it.  I may have an extra copy lying around if you want to borrow one.

Stop waiting for the right message, moment...or bolt of lightening to flick you out of your comfort zone. Start praying today.  Ask God to help you fall in-love with Him.  Check it out.  See what God will do with you!  I gurantee you...it won't be easy, it will be challenging...and it will cost you everything.  But, He is so worth everything.
 
And, if you don't know God.  If you haven't trusted Jesus to save you from God's just wrath upon your sin that separates you from Him...I'd be happy to share with you the difference God has made in my life.
 
God did everything.
I didn't do anything...except to say "yes."
Won't you say "yes" today?
 

PlanetWisdom.com Devotionals

Peace Week: Bone-Rotting Envy

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 02:43 PM PDT

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." (Proverbs 14:30)

Stress comes in lots of flavors, and most docs will tell you that too much stress is bad for your body. One of the things that stresses us out is sin -- the commitment to live our way over God's way. Today's verse points to envy as the stressor, the peace-stealer.

Envy can be defined as a refusal to be satisfied with what God has given to me because what someone else has looks way better. It's like volunteering to give up our peace of mind.

There's nothing wrong with my saying, "Hey, I think what you've got is really cool." The wrong comes when we say, "Now I won't be happy because you have it and I don't."

To hold on to envy is a choice, one that will "rot your bones." In other words, unless you choose life-giving peace by thanking God for what you have and trusting Him with what you want -- envy will eat you from the inside out.

Don't buy the lie: You really can let it go.

Think: Does envy usually feel like a choice or a feeling that happens to you against your will? Have you ever had success battling envy with gratitude? Why do you think that can be so effective?

Pray: Ask God to help you to let go of envy when it comes. Ask Him to help to choose to be grateful for all He gives to you -- and to experience the peace of mind that comes with gratitude.

Do: If you know a Christian doctor, ask about any connection between physical health and holding on to sinful attitudes like envy.

Visit PlanetWisdom.com for more great resources!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home