Thursday, May 07, 2009

Lump in my throat...Again...Ugh!

Perhaps if I lived in a cave and had no access to anything of an electronic media nature, the fact that Sunday is Mother's Day MIGHT escape me.
 
I don't live in a cave.
 
I am bombarded every time I turn on the radio or TV that Sunday is Mother's Day!
 
And, I am sad.
 
Not the normal...my son will probably NOT get me a card, call or come over sad (which I've already resigned myself to).
 
But the, I don't have a mom around anymore sad.
 
There is nothing I can do to escape this inevitability.  I did get a sweet, thoughtful note from Jenna saying she was praying for me and will be thinking about me on Mother's Day...knowing it will be hard for me with my mom gone.  Perhaps her mom, Rhonda, should give parenting lessons to the rest of us.  She managed to raise a beautiful, God-loving, daughter who is thoughtful and, even in the middle of her excitement that she is in Paris, FRANCE...took a moment to let me know I was on her mind.  How special is that?  And, she even called herself my adopted-daughter.
 
I haven't made up my mind about Sunday.  In all truth, I'd like to take the day off and go sit on the beach and do NOTHING.  I'd like to pretend I'm new to this country and just visiting, with no responsibilities...no reminders...no pressure to be "okay."
 
But, that is all about me.  And, I know in my spirit...that isn't pleasing to the Lord.  So please pray for me that I will get off my pity pot and retrain my focus on the things of the Lord and nothing more.
 
I am thankful that I had almost 46 Mother's Days to honor my mother.
 
And, were I with her now (in heaven)...we wouldn't be focusing on Mother's Day at all...we'd be basking in the eternal light and glory of Jesus.
 
He Who understands being forgotten.
He Who understands heartbreak.
He Who understands abandonment.
 
He Who hung naked, bruised and bleeding on the cross for me....and you.
 
He Who every moment of every earthly day watches as His children walk away from Him to pursue empty, selfish pursuits.
 
I HAVE to worship on Sunday.
I have so much to be thankful for.
 
Phew!  I actually feel better now.
 
Thanks God!
 
P.S. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!  May you truly know the joy, peace and comfort of knowing Jesus.  May you be able to rest in Him...even on Mother's Day, despite who does or does not remember you on this special day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home