bAdDrEaMs
My dad doesn't dream (or, um, er, he never remembers dreaming). My sister, who is 5 years my senior, talks in her sleep and explains they need to cash a check with the can-opener (!!???). Will have to investigate and see how her nights are going and if she dreams (and remembers them).
Jameson talks in his sleep. A lot! When he took naps as a little boy, he used to appear to wake up and would be crying/yelling (thanks mom!)/or laughing heartily. I would go and comfort/check him, only to discover, he was dreaming and not really waking up. Sometimes I'd sit there and watch him to be sure. He would settle back down and his little face would show a myriad of emotions. It was always amazing to me when this happened.
Sometimes, Frank will talk in his sleep. And, he dreams. Somewhere along the avenues of our relationship, he got this idea I could interpret dreams. All I've ever said is that dreams are a reflection of your emotional state at the time. Water in your dream usually reflects (no pun intended) emotions. That's about all I remember from my counseling psychology days in college. And, people in your dreams...they represent parts of your personality. Usually. Mostly, your dreams are not about those people...but about what bits and pieces of your personal self they represent. Got that? No worry, it will come to you.
I really hope I'm not taking after my mom! Frank says I giggle in my sleep. That's harmless right?
Don't you hate it when you have a particular recurring dream...and it isn't good?
I used to have this dream (as a 25+ year old adult), over several years, where I found myself back in high school (at an adult age) and having to repeat some courses or being told I didn't have enough credits to graduate! Once I completed my B.A. degree, that dream went away!
After we lost our home, I started having this dream where we would go back to this house which was connected to an older, victorian house, which was way haunted. In the back yard was this split-level field area with a wading pool on the first level and an olympic size swimming pool on the bottom level. The gist of the dream is usually to get through the haunted house to the back yard to go swimming. Different variations have different haunted happenings. The wading pool is always murky, green and a tad mosquito invested. Everyone wants to go in that pool! The second pool is always pristine, crystal clear and very inviting...but very deep. I always want to get to that pool, but the people I am with are content to muck around in the disgusting pool. And, in my dreams, I know the house is haunted that I'm going through. I'm not afraid. Ever. If anyone, other than Frank, Bill or Debbie is with me in the dream, they are always freaked out and hurt/harrassed by the house. Just had a variation of this dream a few weeks ago! It is a fascinating dream to me...not sure what it says about me.
Lately, I've had the rapture dream. Maybe you've never had this dream, but if you do, you'll be able to commiserate. My first variation of this dream was quite startling! I recall I knew I was going to the guillotine to die for my faith in Christ. My only two concerns were, would my family be okay and would the actual chopping off of my head hurt!? What is really funny about this dream is I was an asian man in this dream. But, it was me. How strange is that? I vividly remember placing my head on the half-circle of the guillotine and holding my hands behind my back. Just as they were about to release the blade of death, I put out my hands and yelled, "wait!" I was asked if I were recanting my faith in Jesus and I replied "no." I indicated I wanted to know about my family and if they were okay. They told me to reject Jesus and I would find out. I recall saying, "no," and praying God would help me give up control, give me courage. I then had peace and then the blade came down and I woke up very suddenly!
Monday morning I awoke from a terrifying dream. The rapture had taken place and I was left behind. A dear friend was in my dream and I kept asking what did all this mean. Their response was, "you doofus, we obviously weren't saved." This is the worst kind of dream to have!
What does all this mean? I have no clue. But, I do know God has a lot to say about what we think, dwell upon and worry about. It takes no professional degree to draw some conclusions about my dreams and stress or anxiety in my life.
Here is what God says:
"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)
Next time you have a bad dream...turn to the Lord for comfort. And, you might try memorizing some verses! In the deep dark hours, awakened from a bad dream, they are a comfort and Truth!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home