I despise the fact I cannot update my blog at work! Grrr....
Since I last posted, so much has happened.
April 10, 2008 was Jameson's 19th birthday! We had a mother/son dinner at Lucille's in Brea. It was great to just spend time together we two. He is becoming quite the young man and I love him
so much! He, like most soon to be graduated seniors, is pondering his future, what he should study in college and life in general. We talked about God, his relationship and how God will pursue him one way or another. Then...
April 11, 2008 I was on my way to Cox Stadium in San Diego when I get this call from Jameson. He was in an accident, he is okay, but his car is totaled! I am so thankful neither he nor the gal who hit him was seriously hurt. I have to wonder if this is God's subtle way of trying to get Jameson's attention? Or, even mine? Reminding me that He is watching over Jameson and in His capable hands? I thank God no one was hurt!
This weekend I was at the women's retreat. Miss Debbie treated me and Judy to a very nice suite on the bay in Mission Bay. It was so relaxing and we had some very awesome conversations. Part of the weekend, we spent at the Beth Moore Conference. She spoke on Pslam 139 (one of my favorite Psalms). Mrs. Moore is a very dynamic speaker. I didn't learn anything new, nor did I agree with all she had to say. But, there were over 9,000 women in attendance at this conference! It was amazing to see all these women drawn to one place and worshipping the Lord together. When we all sang, I would close my eyes and listen. It was incredibly beautiful. I cannot wait to worship in heaven with all of God's beloved children! How amazing that will truly be. For some reason, there were a lot of pregnant women at this conference too. Maybe it was just me, but where-ever I went, bam! there were these protruding bellies coming at me. It was kinda funny, actually.
It was great to spend the weekend with Debbie and Judy, like I said. Our fellowship was sweet and I learned some new things I didn't know before...about Debbie & Judy! I enjoy and admire both of these women very much. I think we should plan to get away again, just the three of us soon! Or...at least go back to the same place and bring our husbands. That WOULD be a hoot!
I missed being at church on Sunday! I look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesay.
I'll close with Psalm 139. It is an AWESOME Psalm about how known we are to God. It is amazing to me that the very Creator of the universe, the One who knew me before I was formed...before the foundations of the earth...loves me, knows me and desires a relationship with me. What an awesome God we serve. It IS too wonderful for me to completely understand how intimately God knows each one of us and yet how vast and beyond our understanding God is.
How great is our God...sing with me
How great is our God..and all will see
How great
How great, is our God!
Psalms 139:1-24
(1) For the choir director. A Psalm of David. O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
(2) You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.
(3) You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
(4) Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
(5) You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.
(6) Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
(7) Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
(8) If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
(9) If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
(10) Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
(11) If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night,"
(12) Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.
(13) For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
(14) I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
(15) My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
(16) Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
(17) How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
(18) If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You.
(19) O that You would slay the wicked, O God; Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed.
(20) For they speak against You wickedly, And Your enemies take Your name in vain.
(21) Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
(22) I hate them with the utmost hatred; They have become my enemies.
(23) Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
(24) And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.
I love you all & pray for you daily.
C'iao-M
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home