66 and counting....

We have been in countdown mode for quite some time…however, as I look at the date (May 31, 2006)…I REALIZED we now have exactly 66 days left to get ready for our Pismo Beach Camping Trip!
I must commend Frank on his acknowledgement of this time in our yearly schedule. Just on Saturday he said, "Everyone knows we are entering into our busy season." Our "busy season"!
What an understatement.
I'm not as freaked out as I should be.
I'm not as panic stricken as I could be.
I'm not as catapulted into high-gear, tasky mode as I usually would be.
In fact, I'm not even registering an elevated heart beat.
My pulse is steady.
I am cool to the touch.
My eyes are in focus.
My tongue is not coated (whatEVER that really means).
I wonder if I am in denial.
I wonder if part of my brain (the panic part) has been blocked by the "don't worry all will be well" part of my brain (if that part truly exists in my brain at all…and really not somewhere in the caverns of my heart).
Ahhhh…heavy sigh…Pismo. Nope. Not even saying the name raises my blood pressure. Miracle.
New
topic. 
The All-nighter was fun! Everyone (well almost, everyone) stayed awake the whole time. Even Frank stayed awake. I think the key to staying awake was staying active! (Note to self: write that down somewhere for next year). It was amazing to hear so many people complain about how tired they were (and they were 1/3rd my age…did anyone hear ME complaining????)! Definitely missed a few faces: Sarah, Jameson, Priscilla, to name a few. Enjoyed having Victor rejoin us for the evening! And, even though he hurt me…(all is forgiven), David was a lot of fun (that is David P…not David G). Though, David G. was fun too!!!!
New topic.
So how are y'all doing spiritually? We've had some pretty interesting issues bombard our Youth Group in the last 30-60 days. And, I must commend y'all on your Christ-like attitudes and willingness to listen to counsel.
Remember, the Christian life isn't a list of do's and don'ts. What works for me may not work for you. However, one thing should be evident in all of our lives: love for one another. Jesus commands us to love one another.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
(John 13:34-35 NASB)
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(1 Peter 4:8-11 NASB)
I love you all.
From the depths of my heart.
Live in the grace God has so freely bestowed upon you!
Oh! And Pismo??? It's going to be superfantastically groovy! Did I mention fun too?
Oh yes, definitely fun.
And sandy.
And cold.
And sandy.
And exciting.
And sandy.
And exhilarating.
And sandy.
And exhausting.
And sandy.
And interesting.
And sandy.
And educational.
And sandy.
And major wow factor!
And sandy.
Did I mention sandy?
Dogledanji!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home