Friday, March 24, 2006

NOT so DISturbing PicTURES


I just noticed I haven't written anything since I discovered I had pneumonia. Well I DIDN'T die. After a week off (with NO pay, ouch, THAT ONE hurt!), I went back to work and coughed my way through a week. Here I am at the end of a 2nd week back at work and I'm feeling fairly healthy. Just in time to do the sleepover thingy at the church and get sick all over again (Please God, no more sickness for awhile…I'd appreciate millions of days of healthiness from here on out).

Hey! I now have voicemail on my cell phone. Imagine that.

Yeah, so I DID teach this past Wednesday…I did the reader's digest version of an overview of the Old Testament in 45 minutes or less.

So, here is the super quick, condensed version of what I covered.

Genesis Chapters 1-11 - God deals with individuals, 4 HUGE events take place: Creation, the Fall, the Flood, the Tower of Babel.

Genesis 12 - is the cornerstone chapter in the history of the Old Testament. Why? In this chapter, God chooses Abraham and promises from him to make a great nation. By the way, that nation will be called Israel.

Genesis 12-the end of the Old Testament - God deals with the nation of Israel.

We are gearing up for Pismo Beach. Crazy, but true. So far, looks like Katherine, Taylor and James are going to be on the Pismo Planning Committee….and, um, er, maybe Victor too???



As a reminder, I did recommend y'all memorize the following verses:

Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.


John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Colossians 1:13-18 - For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Revelation 22:12-13 - "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

1 Comments:

Blogger Frankie 1/2 Ya Know said...

I like the two bunnies giving each other a High-5 ...LOL

You find the weirdest pictures...

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home