Brokenhearted...
"Beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me." - Matthew 14:30
Short prayers are long enough. There were but three words in the petition which Peter gasped out, but they were sufficient for his purpose. Not length but strength is desirable. A sense of need is a mighty teacher of brevity. If our prayers had less of the tail feathers if pride and more wing they would be all the better. Verbiage is to devotion as chaff to the wheat. Precious things lie in small compass, and all that is real prayer in many a long address might have been uttered in a petition as short as that of Peter.
Our extremities are the Lord’s opportunities. Immediately a keen sense of danger forces an anxious cry from us the ear of Jesus hears, and with Him ear and heart go together, and the hand does not long linger. At the last moment we appeal to our Master, but His swift hand makes up for our delays by instant and effectual action. Are we nearly engulfed by the boisterous waters of affliction? Let us then lift up our souls unto our Saviour, and we may rest assured that He will not suffer us to perish. When we can do nothing Jesus can do all things; let us enlist His powerful aid upon our side, and all will be well.
-From Spurgeon's Morning & Evening
My heart is broken. My hope is in my Lord. My hope is in God's promises to me. I am ashamed to admit I have prayed more in the last 5 days than probably in the last year. This has been nagging at the back of my mind, but not completely looked for, this breaking of my heart has forced me upon my knees either literally, or within my heart. I didn't realize how much the sin of pride still ruled many areas of my life. I have confessed this, repented and am right again with my King.
My heart is still broken. May God make of me and use me as He sees best.
Jameson has decided to turn away from God and Spiritual things. He loves the world more than God. He doesn't want Jesus to be his King. He admits he is confused. He won't be coming to Youth Group for awhile, if ever again. Frank believes this will be a short absence. I am not so sure. I look into the eyes of my child, my only son, the delight of my day, and I see a stranger looking back at me. I see anger. I see confusion. I see an emotionally disconnected teenager. Once where I saw a mischievous gleam of humor and warmth, now I only see dull, dead-cold eyes.
I know this is not a rejection of me, but it feels like it. My heart is torn to shreds and only the Great Physician can mend what all else would consider beyond repair.
Please join me in praying for this lost sheep, my precious son. Please pray for me that I will be quick to pray and slow to speak. Please pray for Frank to have wisdom. Please pray for Randy, Jameson's dad, that he will seek Truth.
There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
(Proverbs 14:12)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home