Happy Teriyaki . . . food for the soul!
Because Frank raved about Mo's Chicken Teriyaki bowl…I had to go get some today from the local Happy Teriyaki place across the street from where I work.
I went in and ordered something. As I was paying, the gal at the cash register said, "you must be one of those happy people." I looked at her, a bit confused, but said, "Yes, I am..thanks!" She smiled at me and I sat on the "to go" bench waiting for my order. I can be a bit thick in the head sometimes!
Above the bench is a classic art print of an older gentleman praying. I've seen this picture in many places, so I'm a bit familiar with it. In case you aren't, I found a jpeg of it:
Underneath this large framed print were three letters to the Happy Teriyaki. I'll condense them for you, but the gist was they were thanking the eating establishment for having this artwork prominently displayed and for playing Christian music in the background. To quote one lady, "It was very soothing and refreshing to eat at a place that fed my soul." I waited through 2 1/2 Christmas songs, which were distinctly Christ centered, not the commercial Santa jingles. Then I noticed all the 95.9 Fish Sticks on the counter window…they must have collected them all!
The real question the gal at the cash register asked finally dawned on me. (I told you I can be thick headed sometimes!).
My order ready, the gal motioned me over. So I asked her what she meant by her original question to me. She smiled at me and said, "you know." I smiled back and said, "yes, I guess I do." She then said, "I can usually tell which customers are Christians and those who are not." We fellowshipped a bit more and then I invited her to our free movie tonight. She said she had to work late and couldn't make it, but her church was doing the same thing! Isn't that neat?
So, don't take this as a kudos to me. I wasn't doing anything special. And, I almost missed it! However, I do believe the Holy Spirit was doing something to promote a bit of encouraging fellowship between two complete strangers, who happen to be sisters in Christ.
I want to remind you to be a light in the world. You never know who is watching you or who might be drawn to Christ because of you…or whom you might meet to have some spontaneous fellowship with! Always remember, the Creator of the Universe is with you and watching you. Do everything as unto Him. For His glory, honor & praise.
I love you all.
And, I don't know about Mo's but Happy Teriyaki's chicken bowl was pretty awesome!
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
(Psalms 107:1-2 NASB)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home