Pismo Saturday Last
Excitement reigns supreme as I ponder details associated with planning and preparing for Pismo Beach!
Saturday, we (Frank, Bethany, Jameson, Sarah and me) made the loooooooooong trip to Oceano, California and then home, all in the same day! Traffic was horrendous going (may have something to do with leaving at 10:30 a.m.) and a breeze coming home. The campground looks pretty much the same as last year and we hope to get close to the same spot as last time. Unlike Frank, I think the dunes look about the same: very deserted, very sandy and very VAST, not to mention physically demanding. I do not think I was as huffy and puffy this time as the last time we visited – could it be? Am I coming into some sort of physical shape that qualifies as healthy? Hmmmm….time will only tell.
For a bit of Pismo Dunes history, you can look here and find out some interesting factoids. Perhaps one day we are there, we could embark upon a “search for the lost sets” expedition. I think those of you interested should do a search and find out some interesting day trips we could take while we are there. By interesting, I mean, nature hikes, natural hot springs, butterfly ranch, Solvang, etc. Outlet Malls and other such frivolity can be done anytime and should not be submitted as an interesting day trip – unless – one can prove it would be unique to the area and not something we can visit in our Orange County surroundings (i.e., Solvang).
As usual, the most entertaining of the trip was the drive up and back. Jameson was in RARE form. Sarah was quite interesting with her high pitch noises, which at certain points I am sure only a dog would be able to hear. Bethany’s true nature shone forth in my rear-view-mirror, which made me giggle, laugh and, at times, left me speechless. Our week in Pismo will be fun! Definitely fun, most definitely.
Keep us in prayer as we hammer out the details of this trip. Our primary goal is to challenge each of you in your relationship with God, each other and in your view of discipleship. I am eager to start the trip! God willing, if the trip goes as planned, the end will truly only be the beginning! How exciting is that!!??
Have a GREAT day in the Lord! Check out Psalm 91.
dogeldanji!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home