Thursday, July 29, 2004

Ticks and Traitors


Logo for the cartoon: "The Tick"


Having now seen either a “dog tick” or a “winter tick” up close and engorged from the blood of a dog (name withheld to protect the innocent), I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the creators of the cartoon, “The Tick” were thinking! Either they were:
1. Trying to work out their *PTSS from an encounter with a tick somewhere in their childhood...
OR
2. Just plain wacko (yes, that IS a professional term for psychologically deranged humans).
It is hard to tell. I can only imagine (though I shudder to do so). I actually watched this cartoon show with Jameson, when he was much younger, wondering, by calling the main character “The Tick”, were they really naming this superhero after a vector for diseases and viruses? However, as I ponder such superheroes as “Batman,” “Spiderman,” etc., I guess it was only a matter of time someone waffled and chose a tick. Bats can be vectors for diseases as well. And, spiders, well, some can kill you. No wonder someone created the Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake! Balance…

Superhero - "The Tick"


I wasn’t a big fan of jelly belly’s to begin with, but it’s a sure thing now I will avoid them at all cost. If you have never seen an engorged female tick, just run to your nearest Jelly Belly confectioner and find a gray/brown jelly belly. Rub the sheen off the bean, throw six, out of proportioned with the body, legs on it and you have an engorged tick! Fairly disgusting.

*PTSS = post traumatic stress syndrome
On an entirely unrelated subject, I now understand the animosity certain kitties exhibit toward Miss Sarah Golden-hair. This innocent picture tells it all.

"Cat Traitor"


So much becomes clear now!

Welcome home Elizabeth! (David too!)

dogledanji!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home