Friday, March 27, 2009

Show Me the MONEY!

We begin a new vein of thought with Planet Wisdom Devotionals.  (Sorry, I haven't had time to recap the conference from last weekend - but I WILL...just you wait...it IS coming!).
 
When people start talking about money, what do you do?  Me personally, I inwardly giggle.  I have to confess, this used to be an area of constant challenge to me.  Just ask Frank!  I think many of his gray hairs are a result of my fretting! Over the years, the Lord has really given me lots of opportunities to rely on Him and not my paycheck!  I am getting better at this.  And, I can honestly say, now, when I approach a deadline for a bill to get paid, etc., I don't panic anymore.  In fact, I get a little giddy and excited to see how God will provide EXACTLY what we need, when we need it.  And, I have to tell ya...He's done some pretty incredible things for us just in the last 6 months.  An unexpected $500 gift from friends helped us with brake repairs on Frank's truck.  I never take it for granted when I get a gift card at work or in the mail or from a friend.  I know my heavenly Father is looking out for me and already taking care of the next financial need we have.
 
Right now...several in our Youth Group are thinking about funds.  Funds specifically for our upcoming Guatemala Missions Trip in July.  Instead of getting a check from mom or dad...each student has to RAISE funds.  And, not just a little bit..but $800.00.  I know God will provide the funds for each person.  And, I know this will be a great opportunity for them to trust Him and do their best to allow Him to work in the hearts and lives of those who may be able to give...be it by purchasing a shirt, a lollypop...etc.
 
What about you?  How are you in the area of money?  Do you think of your parents as a constant personal ATM machine?  Or, is your first thought to stop what your doing and pray asking God to provide what you need (not necessarily what you want)?
 
So, read on.  This devo talks about loving money.  Where do you stand?  My prayer for you (and me) is that we struggle to love God foremost and ask Him to help us have a balanced view about money.
 
Hope to see you all at the AWANA Grand Prix tomorrow!  We'll be cooking perros caliente (hot dogs) and trying to raise money for the Guatemala trip by selling candy.
 
Have a great weekend!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home