Friday, October 17, 2008
Yes! It had cheesey moments.
Yes! It was predictable!
Yes! It was an AWESOME movie...
Which movie, you ask?
"Facing the Giants"
Where have I been? Why haven't I seen this movie before TODAY? There are awesome themes running throughout this Christian movie.
And today, today was a less than thrilling day for me. This whole move, though it has been a blessing to be in a larger home, has been less than thrilling for me. We exceeded our budget by about $1,800 with unexpected expenses associated with this move...and now, we are paying (no pun intended) the painful price of those unexpected expenses. All day (before he left for the Men's Retreat), Frank was telling me to "trust God." "It will be okay." "It will work out." And me, Miss Grumpy Gills, was all panicky attack mode and all gloom and doom.
Then, Frank left...I got busy unpacking even MORE boxes...and began to tape off of our DVR some of the movies I've taped to watch later. "Facing the Giants" happened to be one of those movies. My other best friend, Debbie, mentioned it was a really good movie! Oh me of little faith. I let the fact that it was a "FOOTBALL" movie take away from my interest in the flick. I did the SAME thing with "Remember the Titans" and should have learned my lesson from that one!
Well, I believe, God had a different viewing schedule for me. Before I EVEN watched this movie, I decided I wouldn't fret, be anxious (you know...easy, familiar SIN), or fear and would praise God for even this $1,800 deficit we are in. I even praised Him for the extra fees we are going to be charged for not planning properly. And, I got busy.
I was on schedule to be visited by my parents around 3:30 p.m. (which means 3 p.m. in their internal clocks)...so, I took a break at 2:30 p.m. to see if my taping adventure had worked as Frank instructed me. And, it DID. Gasp! So, I started watching this movie (see title above)...as Frank always seems to do that to make sure he "got" the whole movie (doesn't he trust his own instructions? They worked like a charm for me!). And, I was hooked! I could so relate to the main characters problems and lack of support from those around them.
I had to stop everything and go to dinner with my momma & poppa (another praise, God provided dinner for me!). We went to Olive Garden and I kept to my diet (soup & salad). :)
You know, WITH GOD, nothing is impossible. And, it shouldn't matter if things are going GREAT or TERRIBLE, we are supposed to honor God and give Him all praise. Those are the main themes running throughout this movie. I was touched. And, I cried A LOT! Thank you very much.
Well, I just had to share. The movie may not touch you like it did me (maybe God meant it JUST for me today?).
I'm going to make Frank sit down with me on Sunday when he gets home and watch this movie with me. Well, after I hug him and kiss him and hug him and kiss him and hug him and kiss him and hug him and kiss him (repeat often). He'll probably cry too. That is one of the things I LOVE about him. He is such a manly man, and yet, he can still cry and be all manly at the same time (SEE God blessed me AGAIN with such an awesome husband...).
Ahhhh...heavy, peaceful, sigh. God is good indeed!
Now I guess I have to go see or rent "Fireproof." It is by the same group that made "Facing the Giants."
I love You, Lord!
-M



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home