
The following is a part of a group email message I received from Mark Oestreicher, President of Youth Specialities…and, I liked it…and thought you might too!
--------------------------------------------------------Last thanksgiving I was—I'll admit—struggling to feel thankful. Maybe you're in this space right now. Know what? God is not spooked by that, or disappointed in you, or frustrated that you don't "get it". Clearly, the 12 disciples struggled with this on a regular basis, and Jesus didn't kick them out of the disciple club!
If you're struggling to find thankfulness, please take care of your soul and find some space and time to be quiet this weekend. Sit with God; and allow God—without a big agenda on your part—to provide you with thankfulness. Let's be honest—we can't always muster it up on our own. God's Spirit would love to cozy up to you in a place of quiet and reveal to you some reasons to be thankful.
I speak for all of us at Youth Specialties: we love you. We pray for you. We are committed to serving you and encouraging you (and occasionally providing a loving nudge). In that spirit of care and affection, we wish you a happy—no, that's not it—a Hope-Filled Thanksgiving.
Marko
----------------------------------------------------------
What are you thankful for? I’m thankful for you!
Truly, have a “Hope-filled Thanksgiving!
I love you all!
Dogledanji!!!
P.S. The picture of the pumpkin pie is in honor of Frank & Jameson - the pumpkin pie eaters in my family! I absolute loathe pumpkin pie and would prefer it be extinguished from the memories, cook-books and cravings of the masses.
My favorite pie is slightly heated southern pecan pie (the queen of pies, in my humble opinion)!
Long live the pecan...death to the pumpkin!
Happy Turkey Day, y'all!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home