How much does change cost?
Well…Frank and I were scouring the idle lanes of Route 66 on our way to Lake Havasu City in Arizona. We celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary!
Believe me when I say, it doesn’t feel like 10 years have passed since we were wed on the beautiful, lush lawn in front of Thornton Winery in Temecula, California. In fact, the only real signs that 10 years have passed are the extra weight and a few more crows feet on our faces!
In our hearts, we are still truly, madly, deeply in love. In our minds, we are still likeminded, soul mates, if you will. In our souls…”what? You ask…” In our souls, we are connected and committed to the same direction…to follow Christ and honor Him with our lives. Now, I can honestly say we do not do that consistently, 24/7…we often fail miserably. However, the beauty is that it never seems to be exactly at the same time…by God’s grace, we are there encouraging each other…cheering each other on in this Christian life to please God and serve Him with all that we are (of which, God has given to us).
Well…I thought it appropriate to mention the “soul” aspect as that is what Pastor Keith will speak to again on Wednesday night (er, um, tonight!).

And, I saw this picture on someone’s blog (sorry, cannot find the location now…so, I cannot give proper credit…but I post it nonetheless). It is something I have been pondering and dwelling upon in my heart since our vacation away to the desert with Bill & Debbie.
On Monday nights, we are meeting with leadership and going through a “discovery” study of relationships among the church body and how the Trinity is the perfect role model for how our relationships with each other are supposed to be.
I keep thinking this thing, “being Christ costs us everything…” And, since He paid the ultimate price to secure our salvation, why shouldn’t it cost us everything to be Him? So many avenues of thought to pursue as a result of this…but I think I will let the statement lie for awhile and come back to it later.
What do you think?
What did Paul mean when he wrote in Philippians 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home