Monday, October 23, 2006

Were You Challenged? Curious? Confused?

What was your response to what Pastor Keith talked about this past Sunday?

Following is the passage he focused on and will continue to talk about next Sunday. How about joining me in reading, meditating and searching God's Word on the following passage this week? I am eager to hear what Pastor Keith has to say next Sunday…aren't you?

Were you asleep?
Were you paying attention?
Were you distracted by everything except what was being taught?

Hey people…these Truths being taught are the foundational building blocks for our Christian lives! If you can pay attention, understand and apply what is being taught…wow!

Galatians 5:13-26 NASB For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. (14) For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." (15) But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another. (16) But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. (17) For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. (18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. (19) Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, (20) idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, (21) envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (23) gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (24) Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. (25) If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. (26) Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:19-21 MSG It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; (20) trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; (21) the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on. This isn't the first time I have warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God's kingdom.

Essentially - "walking by the Spirit, being led by the Spirit, being Spirit directed, filled, moved" - will be manifested by seeing Christ, NOT YOU….in your words, deeds, attitudes and actions.

(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (23) gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. There is no way we can continually live this way, producing this Spirit-fruit, in our own efforts. In fact, we can't do it at all!! Oh sure, for a while we can "fake" it. But even then, we get burned out…tired…and even justify why we do or do not do something. You know, when we are "faking" it, all the results of what we are doing seem to matter more.

I betcha, when we are walking by the Spirit, the results or fruit, don't matter so much. Except in the instance of whether it brings glory to Christ. And, if we are truly living by and walking by the Spirit, Christ is being glorified. There's one to mull over and meditate upon for awhile. I know I sure will be!!!

So, will you take the challenge and read through these verses and meditate upon what God is trying to teach us? And, will you come expectantly next Sunday…eager to compare what you've discovered with what Pastor Keith has to teach? Don't you want Christ to be glorified in your life? I do! I do!!!

To quote a dear one, in her encouragement to Frank when he was frustrated with traffic on Sunday afternoon, "Walk by the Spirit, Frank!" How true!

To me, I say, "Walk by the Spirit, Mary!"

And to you, I encourage, "Walk by the Spirit….!"

I love you all.

Dogledanji!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home