Saturday, August 08, 2009

Obedience

Be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. —James 1:22
 
We don't really know the Bible unless we obey the Bible.
 
This is from today's Daily Bread.  Wow.  How does it look in our lives when we KNOW AND OBEY God's Word?
 
I believe it starts with loving God, chasing after Him, pursuing Him with all that we are.  If we are in-love with God, I believe it spills over into or expresses in action when we love one another.  Loving one another means: I care more about your best interest, preferring you, encouraging you, prompting you on to love & good deeds.  Your needs are more important than my own.
 
I don't do a good job of this in my church.
 
Lord!  Help me to love others as you command me to.  Help me to be a hearer and doer of Your Word.
 
Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will obey my commandments."
 
John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. (35) "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 14:15

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21

"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home