I don't think many of you know, but we are struggling financially right now. When Frank changed jobs, we lost about 60% of his previous income. We are trying to check out all our options, but the future looks a bit dismal, financially.
I've shared with my best friend, Debbie, my personal struggle with all of this. I am SO tired of have to juggle our finances! I am SO tired of stretching paychecks to cover our bills. I don't want to move and I don't want to live in an apartment...but our rent just went up! However, Debbie's been praying for me to trust the Lord and that has been my constant prayer on a second by second basis right now.
This money thing is SO painful to me! Ever been punched in the stomach? (okay, me neither) Ever had a huge test on Friday and it is a make it for break it for your grade...and here it is Thursday and you just found 20 pages of double sided notes you missed when studying? That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach that says, oh man....I'm not going to make it?!!
That's pretty much how I'm feeling. Then....today happens.
I am thankful the Lord gives us EXACTLY what we need at EXACTLY His right time!

Praise God!
At work today, I walked down to our mail room to drop off my fliers and there was this box of knitted beanie hats in a box. There was a sign that said "free!" So, I rummaged through them and found what we needed for one of the games we will be playing at Pismo! Way cool!
I am so thankful my heavenly Father knows my needs and cares to provide even "free knitted beanies" for a silly game we'll play at Pismo!
I've been praying and waiting on God to provide in all areas of my life. This is a reminder to me to keep praying, keep trusting and obeying Him! He IS FAITHFUL!!!
I know this may seem silly to y'all, but this was a great reminder and faith booster for me! It brought to mind the passage in scripture about the lilies of the field...
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Matthew 6:25-34)

Thanks be to God, for loving me so much and giving me the object lesson of the "lilies=beanie hats" today!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home